Friday, October 10, 2008

Super Mom

I haven't been home one night this week.

Erin (my 15 yo) is involved in theater. She is getting ready to pen a play next week with our local community college. She plays Snow White in "Beanie and the Bamboozling Book Machine". She rehearses 4 nights a week, and then 2 nights a week she has to go to the high school and rehearse for State Theater coming up in December.

My son (6 yrs) just started karate lessons and is in 7th heaven. This is going to take up 2 evenings a week. He also has piano lessons.

Elisha (my 18 yr old) is in college and she is either in class, babysitting, or out with friends.

My husband is involved with playing music with a band. He rehearses twice a week and may play at a local cafe every once in a while. He does help when I let him.

Why do I feel I need to be the one to do everything? I work full-time, cook dinner, make sure the kids get to all their activities, and then try to make sure I get time for myself. I think the only thing that lacks is my house cleaning skills. Sometimes, there are more important things in life than an immaculate house.

No comments: